Welcome to the new world of podcasting! Today, you can start your own show and have anyone from the face of the planet listen to you. Sharing information has never been so much simpler and fun. If you want to start podcasting, you want to make sure you make a lasting impression on the listeners. Here are some tips you can use in order to attract listeners and keep them listening to you.
- If possible, look for a partner. This partner will not only help you sort things out in your new show but will also represent the other side of the coin (as they say it), in order to add more life and fun to your discussion. Having two persons with different ideas about a certain topic can make the discussion more exciting and challenging for you and the listeners. Of course, you should find someone who can complement your style, not someone who can leave you out. Chemistry is important here.
- Start your podcast with a summary of your discussion. This way, your show will be more organized and more predicable for your audience. Not setting goals for your discussion might lead to a frustrating and aimless discussion. A little bit of organization will go far for your podcasting venture.
- Make your show more fun by encouraging listener feedback. You can do this simply by creating a website or an email address for your show. This will give you something to look forward to each day and could even help you revamp your show.
- Another way to add fun is to give trivia and some prizes. Fans that are hungry for more information about their favorite actors, singers, TV shows or authors would do most anything just to learn more. Ending the show with a trivia and a prize to get will make your listeners more interested to tune in each time.
- Stick to a consistent schedule for releasing your podcasts. Looking forward to something only to be told to wait is really frustrating. So when you create your schedule, be sure you can stick to it for as long as you can. You can release your show once or twice a week or twice a month. It all depends on what you think is a good schedule for you and your partner to follow.
- Create only clean vocal recordings. You don’t want any popping noises in your vocals. A good solution is to use a pop filter such as this one amazon.com/pop-filter.